Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Köln

Yesterday, I drove to Köln (Cologne). I will stay here until Saturday. Then I will return to report on the other side of the Rhine (the Wiesbaden side).The two sides are totally different.

While the Bingen side is perfect for hiking, biking, visiting fortress-like structures and driving through the countryside, the Wiesbaden side is much more destination-oriented and affluent.  Drive to wonderful vineyards and restaurants, enjoy classical or jazz concerts in castles and former cloisters, take a short walk in the vineyard before you have a sunset dinner while sipping the local wine. In late spring and early summer – because the daylight period is so long – you can enjoy long, long dinners while enjoying the sunset... until 10pm or so.   

During my stay here in Köln I am going to try to find an artisan who makes leather club chairs by hand. I think it would be interesting to talk to him.   

No comments:

Post a Comment