Saturday, March 16, 2013

a mile here,...a mile there (ok, kilometer)


Well today, I drove in the opposite direction. To my surprise just a few kilometers down the road there is a huge forest with all sorts of winter and summer sports…and a large health rehabilitation center…perfect for curing whatever ails you!!

What a great place…. lakes for swimming, hills for hiking, and skiing... all within minutes  of each other. Be sure to check out my 'Roaming Thru Europe' Pinterest boards on the Fichtelgebirge, Bayreuth and Coburg areas to see some of what I have seen over  the past few days.
 
Oh, and I also saw a cat sitting high in a tree, giving himself a bath... I guess it was too cold for him to sit on the snow covered ground!!


















Well last night I made the worst – Absolutely WORST – baby boomer travel mistake. I brought a corkscrew that I did not know how to work. As a result, I could not get my bottle of red wine open!! I had to put some clothes on and go to the restaurant to ask them to open it. I did not see the humor  in my situation, but the people I encountered on the way sure did.. all said ‘hello' and then knowingly smiled!!

No comments:

Post a Comment