Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Technical nightmare .. well sort of


After shopping,  I stopped at McD’s in Ingelheim (just outside of Mainz, near Binger, but smaller than Bingen). Since Monday or Tuesday are usually Rühetag (quiet day) and most local restaurants are closed, I planned to have dinner there and post my blog.

Getting online was very problematic, so I finally left my food and took my laptop to the counter and asked for assistance.  The staff was very helpful, but to no avail. The network was ‘eingeshrank’ (limited, blocked).  Finally, the manager came out and unblocked it and I was able to enjoy an hour of catching up on my reading.  Don’t be afraid to ask for assistance, almost all young people speak some English. But be sure you use the words ‘Hotspot’ or ‘WeeFee’. If you say ‘wifi’ the way we pronounce it, no one will have a clue what you are talking about!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone you can unblock website by using this link or by clicking on this link and do not need to worry about the blocked site like Youtube Unblock youtube

    ReplyDelete