Sunday, May 5, 2013

Oestrich-Winkel …exploring 25 April

As I drive to and from my farmhouse/ hotel, I notice an interesting brick house almost hidden in the valley formed by the vineyards. (The vineyards are all high on the hills and the houses lie in the valleys below. This has a dual effect, the vineyards are exposed to the most sunshine and the houses are protected from the forces of the elements (wind and rain).

I decide to take a better look. It takes me some time to find the right road (actually path) to get there.  The one closest to me did not really seem to be for motorized vehicles, so I drive further looking for another one. I find it and proceed along it. As I approach the driveway to the house, I come upon the exit to the path which I did not think was a road.  Suddenly an old Mercedes sedan comes barreling long it.  the drive is as surprised to see me and I am to see him. We both slam on our brakes and then move as far apart as possible to let each other pass. ..not an easy feat since there are stone walls on all sides. At any rate, to make a long story shirt, here is a photo of that house… apparently it is a guest house with beautiful rooms to rent…and not too expensive.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment