Sunday, May 5, 2013

Oestrich-Winkel: Working overtime 22 April


About 6.30 pm that night, I’m sitting in my room blogging with my back to the open window. I hear an engine… some sort of machine outside of my window. I jump up to see what it is. It is a tractor moving noisily along on the road which runs parallel to the building. It is about 10 feet from my window. A man is returning to the vineyards to work until dark. By the time, I grab my camera he has reached the crest of the hill and is out of sight.  But soon, I hear a noise and race to the window. I look  - to the right - up the road, but it is empty. Then I turn my head to the left, almost directly in front of me.... is the  tractor moving slowly directly down steep slope - towards my window.. coming directly at me!! I grab my camera and start snapping away. Can he see me?? Does he think I am a crazy tourist, I wonder.

                                Vinter returning from the vineyard. Photo taken from my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment